Unit 2: Hades and the Underworld
Writing Task Instructions
Choose one of the prompts below for your next essay assignment.
- Write an essay persuading the audience to buy a product.
- Write an essay persuading the audience to agree with you on a controversial topic of your choice.
Your essay should include all three persuasion techniques. It would be a good idea to focus on one technique for each of your body paragraphs to have a nice 5-paragraph essay.
Research is not required for this essay, but if outside sources are used, MLA style must be used.
End of Chapter Journal Questions
Answer the questions below using your own words in a short paragraph.
- We read 6 stories: About the Underworld, Ceres and Proserpina, Prometheus, Pandora, Sisyphus, and Tantalus. Which story did you like the best? Explain why.
- Of the 6 stories, who had the worst punishment, and why?
- What new vocabulary from these stories did you find the most interesting and why?
- Choose one of the critical thinking questions that you found to be the most interesting to expand upon in your journal.
- Write a diary entry in the perspective of one of the characters. What would their daily life be like? What is their personality?