Unit 2: Hades and the Underworld
Writing Task Instructions
Choose one of the prompts below for your next essay assignment.
|Ethos, Pathos, Logos||Plato’s Allegory of the Cave|
Your essay should include all three persuasion techniques. It would be a good idea to focus on one technique for each of your body paragraphs to have a nice 5-paragraph essay.
Research is not required for this essay, but if outside sources are used, MLA style must be used.
Research is required for this essay, and it is wise to evaluate your sources! MLA style must be used. The following outline might be helpful to organize this essay:
End of Chapter Journal Questions
Answer the questions below using your own words in a short paragraph.
- We read 6 stories: About the Underworld, Ceres and Proserpina, Prometheus, Pandora, Sisyphus, and Tantalus. Which story did you like the best? Explain why.
- Of the 6 stories, who had the worst punishment, and why?
- What new vocabulary from these stories did you find the most interesting and why?
- Compare Prometheus’ stealing of fire from the gods to the knowledge (light) that Plato says is knowledge for humans.
- Choose one of the critical thinking questions that you found to be the most interesting to expand upon in your journal.
- Write a diary entry in the perspective of one of the characters. What would their daily life be like? What is their personality?