Unit 1: Why Study Greek Mythology?
Writing Task 1
In this chapter, we have learned that in English and in many other languages, the planets are named after the gods of Greek mythology. We also had a reading about sending LEGOS to space. For this essay, answer the following question: Should humans explore space?
- Write a five-paragraph essay explaining why space exploration is or is not a good idea. Support your reasons with outside research.
- Your essay should be at least 2–3 pages with an MLA style Works Cited page, double-spaced, with Times New Roman size 12 font. You need at least 3 different sources.
- You may use rebuttals and concessions, but stick to your opinion and stay strong. You may use research from the opposing side in your rebuttal and concession.
Writing Task 2
Write an essay describing how ancient or historical culture, either in your country or from another country, influenced your country in three of the following ways:
- Art and architecture
End of Unit Journal Questions
- Which mythological character that you have read about so far seems the most interesting? Explain why.
- Choose one of the critical thinking questions that you found to be the most interesting to expand upon in your journal.
- Write a diary entry in the perspective of one of the characters. What would their daily life be like? What is their personality?